Join the West Heights team as either a walker, runner or volunteer and help GraceMed provide outstanding healthcare to our local brothers and sisters!
The Say Grace Race is GraceMed’s signature fundraising event and is also Wichita’s largest, local 5K. The annual family-friendly event takes place on Thanksgiving morning at 9:30AM and is becoming a community tradition. 100% of these funds go to support the ministry of GraceMed. We invite you to come out with family and friends on Thanksgiving morning and volunteer or run, walk, or stroll through Midtown, one of Wichita’s most historic neighborhoods. Then enjoy all of your holiday indulgences guilt free!!
The West Heights UMC Team
2017 will be West Heights 3rd year of participating in this race. In 2015, we won both the fastest team and the largest team awards. In 2016, we won the Pastor Jon Jones Cup Competition which goes to the Methodist Church team with the highest percentage of participation, as either runners or volunteers, based on their total church membership. Let's keep up the tradition and rock it this year!
- $30 before November 1
- $35 November 1st–22nd
- $40 on race day
- Kids age 5-15: $15
Register online or you can register in-person at any of these locations (make sure you specify the West Heights UMC team!)
- Fleet Feet West – 2556 N. Maize Rd.
- Fleet Feet East – 2350 N. Greenwich
- First Gear – 111 N. Mosley
If you wish not to run, walk or stroll, you can still join our team and be part of the experience by volunteering. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Costumed Greeters (8:00am): Dress up as a Pilgrim or turkey in GraceMed-supplied outfits, then greet participants and help foster a fun, Thanksgiving ambiance.
- Refreshments (8:00am): Prepare cut fruit or organize the tables before the event then distribute refreshments (usually fruit, muffins and water) to participants as they finish the race.
- Course Direction (8:30am): These volunteers stand in locations along the course to keep the runners from veering down the wrong street. They’re usually in small groups, so you can volunteer to do this job with your friends.
- Start & Finish-Line Cheer (8:30am): Help cheer on the runners, walkers and strollers